Thursday 26 March 2020

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

...
Including sources you’ve used, playlist of films researched. A chance to make a strong 1st impression with the examiner. I've added outlines of what to include below
...

START THE POST
With a general greeting, + explanation of what the blog is about, what it features. SELL the range + depth of content: multimedia content including vodcasts; lifting the curtain behind the scenes of pre-production, the shoots themselves, and reflecting on what we did...with a healthy dollop of theory thrown in!

Feature a sample quote, hyperlinked, just like this!

Hello! This blog charts my progress through my AS Media course, specifically my research into the media language of film openings (and the wider film industry), and the application of this insight into producing my own film opening! You'll find multimedia (vodcast, PowerPoint etc) analyses of multiple film openings, anything from the idents to narrative structure; dollops of applied theory (see below for example!); what I/we did for pre-production and the shoots themselves - and, of course, the post-production, with multiple edits and experiments with soundtracking, all exposed to sample audience feedback...
"The white hero’s journey here (Campbell), the quest for the Proppian archetype of the hero to achieve, is to topple the black producer (Ice Cube). So, some positives on gender, but not so ‘woke’ on race, with a disappointing racial stereotype?" [sample quote from my analysis of The High Note!]
FILMS I ANALYSED
Throughout the process, starting off looking for very general conventions (eg the use of narrative enigma within the opening sequence), I've been examining a wide range of film openings...

The playlist below contains (where available) the opening or (more frequently!) the trailer of each movie I have looked at for this work!

SOURCES I USED
You can find RSS feeds on the right for some of these ... I used a wide range of sites, e-zines and books to develop my knowledge and understanding of the film industry and the media language of film openings (including the genre I/we worked in) ... the following list gives you a flavour of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

... Including sources you’ve used, playlist of films researched. A chance to make a strong 1 st impression with the examiner. I've add...