Thursday 26 March 2020

Soundtrack

As with many posts, gather notes/links/resources/ideas here to begin with, before tidying this up for final submission, as follows...

OVERVIEW OF HOW I/WE USED SOUND - A: FOLEY SOUND

I/we quickly realised I/we would to use some foley sound, not just rely on the diegetic sound picked up by the camera mics. Some examples of this include: [a text list is expected; an added video with before/after CLIPS would be useful]

EQUIPMENT WE USED

We gathered the non-music audio tracks using the following equipment:

...

OVERVIEW OF HOW I/WE USED SOUND - B: NON-DIEGETIC MUSIC

Obviously, non-diegetic music is vital for signifying genre and seeking to manipulate audience emotions (and steer towards the preferred reading). Below is a list of the pieces of music I/we used, with detail on the inspiration; any different/trial versions of these; how I/we recorded these (including detail of any collaborators and evidence of how I/we firmly directed the contents of any music commissioned).

[Again, do include a bulleted list, but you can incorporate all the details into a single video if you wish - otherwise use sub-headings as below]

TRACK 1: INDUSTRIAL METAL OVER OPENING SHOTS

I/we took particular inspiration from the opening scene of Bride of Chucky, which used a Rob Zombie track to great effect: you can watch it here [if NOT online then think about cutting your own video, as noted above, with a SHORT clip of this + your commentary]

I/we had a clear vision of what we wanted, based around this track, [hyperlinked] artist: track. I/we am/are quite limited in composing music, so commissioned name to record a version for me/us - below [or contained within a single video] you can see how I/we directed and controlled this creative process.


OVERVIEW OF HOW WE USED SOUND - C: AUDIO FX

I/we found the need to make considerable tweaks to the sound clips we'd gathered: raising/lowering levels, fading etc. Here's a summary of the key tools we used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

... Including sources you’ve used, playlist of films researched. A chance to make a strong 1 st impression with the examiner. I've add...